Pilates Teacher Training Level 1
The Feel Good Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 covers the complete classical Pilates Mat repertoire and includes instruction on the fundamental movement principles that make Pilates a transformative practice for body and mind. With each exercise that is covered, you will learn a wide variety of modifications and variations that will allow you to adapt the class to the fitness level of your participants so that you can teach a wide variety of clients and multilevel classes. Feel Good Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 will empower you to be the creative, healing and transformative Pilates teacher you were always meant to be.
This course covers the History of Pilates, the Evolution of the Pilates Method, Current Applications, Philosophy and Principles, Breathing Techniques, Leadership and Communication Skills, Teaching Methodology, Adult Learning tips, Class Design and Instructor Self Care.
What can I do upon completion of this Pilates Teacher Training program?
- Purchase insurance from a variety of agencies to teach pilates classes
- Register this program as your course component to become a BCRPA Pilates Fitness Leader and receive 40 CEC credits as well as $2M liability insurance. (more on BCRPA here) and/or
- Use the program to work towards the PMA 450 hour requirement that will qualify you to take the PMA competency exam (see PMA website for more information). A PMA instructor designation is a highly esteemed appellation in the Pilates field.
Our program includes:
- A comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 manual consistent with current national standards
- Exercise instruction in all the essential Pilates mat exercises and more
- Teaching, coaching and cueing tips for clients of all levels of ability
- Guidance in how to offer your clients progressions so that you can successfully teach a multilevel class
Schedule- Fall 2013
The fall Pilates Mat Level I is scheduled for September 20, 21, 22 and September 27, 28, 29
Fridays: 5:30 – 9:30 PM Saturdays and Sundays: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (Break 12:30 to 1:00)
Instructor: Laura Phelps
This Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 program can be taken alone or in addition to our yoga teacher training programs. Taken in conjunction with our yoga teacher training programs, you will be able to teach a wide variety of yoga, pilates, yogilates and fusion classes that your students will love. Through this Pilates Teacher Training program you will learn how to teach the most bio-mechanically sound classical Pilates exercises along with modifications and variations so that you can teach a safe, fun class to a wide variety of fitness levels. We have included an introduction to the use of Pilates props so you can easily vary and modify exercises.
If you have any questions regarding any of the teacher training programs please contact Laura at 250-590-3939 or email.
The Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 program cost for the two weekends is $599 plus tax – early bird $499 plus tax. The application fee to save your spot is $249 and can be paid online or at the studio. The balance for the program is due before the start of the program.
Required Course Literature
“The Anatomy of Pilates”, by Paul Massey (2009) – (currently unavailable for purchase at the the studio and not included in the program costs)
Feel Good Yoga & Pilates Teacher Training manual (included in the program costs and can be picked up on the first day of the program) – see some of the Pilates Exercises from the manual.