The Feel Good Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 covers the classical Pilates Mat repertoire and includes instruction on the fundamental movement principles that make Pilates a transformative practice for body and mind. With each exercise that is covered, you will learn a wide variety of modifications and variations that will allow you to adapt the class to the fitness level of your participants so that you can teach a wide variety of clients and multilevel classes. Feel Good Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 will empower you to be the creative, healing and transformative Pilates teacher you were always meant to be.
This course covers the History of Pilates, the Evolution of the Pilates Method, Current Applications, Philosophy, Principles, Breathing Techniques, Leadership and Communication Skills, Teaching Methodology, Adult Learning tips, Class Design, and Instructor Self Care.
Spring Program 2018 Schedule
Dates and times
Scheduled for the four weekends of June 16-17, June 23-24, June 30-July 1, July 7-8.
Saturdays and Sundays: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Instructor: Laura Phelps
What can I do upon completion of this Pilates Teacher Training program?
- Purchase insurance from a variety of agencies to teach pilates classes
- Register this program as your course component to become a BCRPA Pilates Fitness Leader and receive 40 CEC credits as well as $2M liability insurance (more on BCRPA here), and/or
- Use this program as a part of the PMA 450 hour requirement before you can take the PMA competency exam (see PMA website for more information). A PMA certified instructor is a highly esteemed appellation in the Pilates field.
- A comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 manual consistent with current national standards.
- Exercise instruction in all the essential Pilates mat exercises and more.
- Teaching, coaching and cueing tips for clients of all levels of ability.
- Guidance in how to offer your clients progressions so that you can successfully teach a multilevel class.
Required Course Literature
Feel Good Yoga & Pilates Teacher Training manual (included in the program costs and can be picked up on the first day of the program) – see some of the Pilates Exercises from the manual.
The Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 program cost for the three weekends is $999 plus tax – *early bird $849 plus tax. A $250 (+tax) non-refundable deposit is required to save your spot in the program. This is a part of your program cost – not in addition to it. The application fee can be paid online or at the studio. The balance for the program is due before the start of the program.
This Pilates Teacher Training Level 1 program can be taken alone or in addition to our yoga teacher training programs. Taken in conjunction with our yoga teacher training programs, you will be able to teach a wide variety of yoga, pilates, yogilates and fusion classes that your students will love. Through this Pilates Teacher Training program, you will learn how to teach the most bio-mechanically sound classical Pilates exercises along with modifications and variations so that you can teach a safe, fun class to a wide variety of fitness levels. We have included an introduction to the use of Pilates props so you can easily vary and modify exercises.
If you have any questions regarding any of the teacher training programs please contact Laura.
* You must complete registration and submit application fee a minimum of 30 days prior to the first day of the program start date to be eligible for the early bird rate.
“Gorgeous studio! Warm and very inviting environment. I truly can’t say enough positive comments about the studio as well as the staff. I had the most amazing experience participating in the Pilates Teacher Training programs. The instructors are so welcoming, supportive and knowledgeable. You need to experience Feel Good Yoga Studio, it is truly an amazing place to practice Yoga and Pilates, as well as participate in their teacher training programs.”
~ Sarah Morrison
“Feel Good is such an amazing studio. Everything from the ppl that all work there to the studio’s atmosphere! I started attending classes in 2010 and instantly fell in love with Pilates! So much that I took my Mat Level 1 training with Laura Phelps who is the owner and operator of the studio. She made this a fabulous 40 hr training that is made to make you feel relaxed, confident and ready to start teaching fun, safe classes. I am currently taking my yoga training and my Pilates mat level 2!! The studio has become a second home to me. I would highly recommend Feel Good Yoga & Pilates to anyone of any age, gender fitness level etc. as there is something for everyone here!”
~ Ashley Throssell