Next Training Starts January 11, 2019
Pilates Mat courses at Feel Good Yoga and Pilates are presented and taught by one of our instructors Dana Carter, of Dana Carter Fitness.
During our Pilates Instructor Training you will gain all of the skills necessary to instruct safe, effective, and creative classes. You will be able to teach group classes or private lessons to individuals of all levels. You will leave with an in-depth understanding of Pilates and learn a wide array of exercises. We will cover modifications to adapt to individuals who are pregnant or have injuries.
Taking your training at our beautiful Yoga and Pilates studio provides you with unique advantages over other Pilates Instructor Trainees. Experienced high calibre instructors lead the training. Our instructor in addition to holding Pilates certification and years of teaching experience is also a Physiotherapist Assistants.
We limit class size to 12 students. This is to ensure you are receiving the highest quality of personal instruction. This comprehensive training will provide you with an exclusive jumpstart on your understanding of the human body. We focus on a progressive levelled teaching technique to ensure you are able to adapt to a wide-array of clients and situations.
This course puts a strong emphasis on the musculoskeletal system to understand the purpose and benefits of each exercise. We utilize our state of the art facility by providing you with variety of props. You will learn to use a range of cues, props and hands on techniques for your future clients. At the end of this course you will leave with a well-rounded education to become a highly skilled and confident Pilates Mat Instructor.
Our comprehensive Pilates Teacher Trainings in Victoria BC are designed in modules. We use modules so that you may complete your training at your own pace, this allows for you to take it over the course of one year or many. Each section (Pilates Mat level 1, Pilates Mat level 2, Reformer level 1, Reformer level 2 etc.) are complete allowing you to teach using that skill set and continue to build as you go through the complete repertoire should you desire. This provides flexibility to develop and learn at your own pace and budget.
Pilates Mat Level 1 Curriculum Outline:
- History of Pilates
- Essential principles and philosophy
- Musculoskeletal system module
- Guest instructors sharing their experience and expertise
- Learn 82 Pilates mat exercises
- Benefits and contraindications for each exercise
- Modifications and variations for each of the 82 exercises
- Use of small equipment
- DCF Progressive Teaching Technique
- Sequencing for group classes
- Effective communication and cueing
- Refining observation skills
- Pre/post natal Pilates
- Introduction to special population considerations
- Self care
Course Specifics (two weekends – 40 hours):
Friday: 5 pm – 9 pm
Saturdays: 9 am – 6 pm
Sundays: 9 am – 6 pm
- January 11 – 13
- January 25 – 27
Future Mat 1 Start Dates:
You Will Receive:
- Anatomy handouts
- Case studies for review to ensure your understanding
- In class teaching time to refine your skills
- Written quizzes and tests to guarantee your understanding
- A detailed final practicum review for your further growth and refinement
- A certificate of completion
- Options to teach real students in our alumni led classes and receive feedback
Early bird rate is paid in full before December 31, 2018: $1080 + gst
Regular rate starting January 1, 2019: $1200 +gst
A $250 non refundable deposit is required at time of application and is included in the above prices. All remaining costs must be paid before start of course.
- DCF Comprehensive Pilates Mat Manual Lvl 1 ($99)
- Pilates Anatomy Manual ($25 or less from Amazon)
To Successfully Complete the Program You Must Achieve the Following:
- Complete all in class activities
- Participate in all teaching, classes and lecture time
- Complete all homework prior to receiving your certificate
- Pass your final anatomy exam with an 80% or higher
- Pass your final proficiency exam with an 80% or higher
- Pass your final practicum with 80% or higher
- Abide by our Pilates Code of Ethics