Workplace Yoga and Pilates Information
Whether you are a school, a corporation, an organization or any other type of workplace, we are delighted to provide Yoga and Pilates for your employees or coworkers in whatever way is most convenient to you. All you need to do is choose the time, place and wellness program that is best suited to your employees.
There are a variety of ways that you can provide wellness programs for your employees through us. Our work place wellness programs include:
- Yoga and Pilates at your location
- Yoga and Pilates for your employees at our fully equipped, beautiful new studio (scheduled at the time that is convenient for you)
- Discounted passes are available for companies/organizations that are buying classes in bulk. Please email us for more information.
For group classes both in and outside the studio we provide:
- a complimentary first class
- fully certified, comprehensively insured and highly trained Yoga and Pilates professionals that are the BEST in their field
- a program and instructor tailored to your workplace needs
- complimentary trial passes to classes at our studio
For group classes at your workplace all you need to provide is a warm, open space that is suitable for Yoga and/or Pilates classes. This can be a:
- conference room
- large office
- lunch room
- rooftop deck (during the summer)
Employees wishing to take part in classes will need a water bottle and comfortable clothing. For classes booked at the studio all yoga mats and props are provided at no additional cost.
Rates for workplace Yoga and Pilates are as follows:
- Minimum of 8 sessions scheduled
- $120 per class for 15 people or less
- For more than 15 people, the fee is $120 +5 dollars for each additional person
- For classes outside the studio there is an additional $25 fee for the supply of props as we need to pay our instructors extra for carrying them
- If the number of participants is less than 5 and your workplace is on the ground floor then the fee for providing equipment may waived
- If the number of participants is more than 15 then the fee for providing equipment may need to be adjusted
You will receive complementary trial passes (one free class per person) for all your staff so your employees can also try classes at our beautiful and fully equipped studio. You can give these passes as a holiday gift or anytime as a way of letting your employees know you appreciate them.
Why practice Yoga and Pilates?
Statistics Canada calculates the annual cost of work time lost to stress as $12 billion in lost productivity, health claims and absenteeism. A study sponsored by the Homewood Health Centre suggests that 25% of white-collar workers and 40% of blue-collar workers in Canada have had a stress-related absence in the past year.
For every $1 invested workplace wellness, an organization can expect $3 in cost savings
A Heath Canada study reports:
- one third of Canadian employees report high levels of depressed mood
- half of Canadian employees experience high levels of perceived stress
- one quarter of Canadian employees feel “burned out” from their jobs
How can Yoga and Pilates help your employees and coworkers?
Yoga and Pilates provide relief from back pain. 8 of 10 people have problems with back pain at some point in their lives.
Solution: Yoga and Pilates strengthens the core muscles that support the spine, frees up muscles in the back and just below the shoulders. This promotes digestion and massages internal organs.
Yoga and Pilates can provide relief from repetitive strain injuries. Repetitive strain injuries cause as many as 1.8 million injuries per year, costing industries over $20 billion in annual revenue.
Solution: Yoga and Pilates strengthen the wrists and stretch the backs of the legs that grow tight from sitting. They also increase circulation to extremities such as the hands.
Yoga and Pilates can provide relief from obesity. Obesity affects approximately 1/3 of the population. Obesity can lead to chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke.
Solution: Yoga and Pilates strengthens muscles in the arms and legs, tones abdominal organs and reduces body weight. Poor concentration and long hours in front of the computer can cause poor concentration which has a direct impact on productivity.
Solution: Balancing poses improve the health of the nervous system, foster concentration and create a sense of mental and emotional well-being.
Yoga and Pilates can provide relief from headaches. Long working hours without breaks can cause headaches which arise from muscle tension at the back of the neck. This is often caused by a forward head position when employees sit with rounded shoulders and a curved upper back as they strain to look at computer monitors and other electronic devices.
Solution: Yoga poses open the chest and lungs, restoring flexibility to the spinal muscles and facilitating deeper and healthier breathing patterns.
Yoga and Pilates can provide relief from poor posture. Sitting for long periods of time can lead to poor posture, restricted breathing and tightness in the thighs, legs and ankles. Back aches, headaches and other painful symptoms are an unfortunate result.
Solution: Yoga and Pilates foster awareness of postural alignment, good body mechanics and healthy movement patterns. They tone and activate deep muscles in the abdomen, pelvis, back and torso, stretching tight muscles in the shoulders, arms, wrists and legs.
Yoga and Pilates can provide relief from lethargy and depression. Continuous sitting can lead to low energy levels which promote lethargy and ultimately affect workplace morale and one’s overall attitude to work.
Solution: Yoga and Pilates postures and exercises open and stretch the hamstrings, getting blood and oxygen flowing through the body. Specific postures can be utilized to bring blood, oxygen and feel-good hormones like melatonin and serotonin to the brain for improved mood and clear thinking.
Note: We ensure that our workplace Yoga and Pilates instructors are the best in the field. As a minimum they have completed a comprehensive Pilates and/or Yoga Teacher Training Program (depending on the assignment) and fulfill all requirements set by the BCRPA and Yoga Alliance (governing bodies that set high standards for pilates and yoga teacher training schools and teachers).
Most of our teachers are trained at our own highly regarded Feel Good Yoga and Pilates Teacher Training programs. We do not employ “Fitness” trainers or those who have completed less than 200 hours of training or teachers with limited experience.
Please email us or phone (250) 474-6935 for more information.